4.13.2011

Happy Birthday Camden!

Dear Camden,

You can't be 6 years old today! I remember so many special details of wanting you, growing in my tummy, labor and delivery, your special moments at 2, your super special moments at 3, your super super super special moments at 4 (I'm quite surprised you lived) and how much you have changed and grown since last year.
 Oh Camden, you melt my heart!  You are absolutely one of my very favorite people in the whole world.  I have a very hard time expressing how much I love you that I usually end up telling people you are my cute little boy friend.  You tilt your head shyly followed with sweet smile and sparkles in your eyes when you overhear me talk about you that way.  You have always been a snugly kid.  You are quick to give me hugs and kisses several times a day and even at school when your classmates say, "ewwww!"  I love that you don't care and  you just need a quick snuggle and kiss from me.  You make me feel so special.  

You have a few physical and emotional traits that come to mind that are just special to you.  You have a very tender and caring heart for others especially your sister.  You always without a second thought are willing to split or share a treat with her. You step down on your toes first when you walk instead of your heal which makes you have a little bounce to your walk.  You scrunch your nose ALL the time.  Not sure why, but we think cause your nose is stuffy but you tell us, "I don't know."  You point with your middle finger when reading or using my phone which reminds me of your Papa Shaw.  He does it too.  For the life of me and you, it is completely impossible for you to sit still at the kitchen table during dinner and at least fall off of your chair several times.  Spilling your glass of milk during meal time occurs about 2-3 times a week.  I almost don't even get mad anymore.  I just expect it.  You have to be one of the wiggliest people I know.  You are a very tall thin 6 year old.  One of the very tallest in your class.  You have big sparkly blue eyes that I love looking into while you try to tell me a story.  They get even bigger.  You have a more quiet side to your personality and will step back if things get uncomfortable.  You do not like being put on the spot and embarrass quickly.  You love to ask questions. You LOVE to play the wii and get a little too competitive and basically freak out at times.

You are willing to try any food once.  You love playing for the Dodgers (sorry Giant fans, but it's just t-ball).  You are still in love with your girlfriend you have had since you were 3.  You even talk about marrying her quite often.  You love, love, love puzzles and Legos.  You like practicing multiplication on your own.  You are always a little cold and like to have a jacket.  You love, love, love little dogs and cats.  You are a very heavy sleeper.   

You try very hard to do what is right and tell me that, "Jesus wants me to be good."  You are very good at loving your sister, mom and dad.  And the thing that you do the very best at, IS BEING YOU!   We are so very lucky to have you in our family and even though I don't want you to grow up, I can not wait to see what you are going to do with your world. 

Camden you are an amazing little person and I love you forever and ever and ever.  I am so lucky to have you in my world.

Hugs and kisses,

Mom 

3 comments:

Kay Lyn said...

I love what you wrote about Camden turning 6. You described him perfectly. I love, love you Camden. Have A Happy Birthday, and thanks for all the hugs and kisses you give me. Your are growing up so fast you will soon be taller than me.

Frank said...

Happy Birthday! Camden.
You have really neat invitations.
Have fun at your party.

Liz R. said...

happy berfday camcam