11.01.2009

Halloween Night!

Look at our little "Sweet Cupcake" and our "Spooky Ghost"! BOOO!

Here are the finish projects thanks to Grandma Kay! She did an awesome job and the kids were extremely excited to dress up on the Spooky Halloween night.



Sydney had a great time being a cup cake and enjoyed all of the fun comments she received about her yummy costume. I agree, she looked delicious!

The moment that we put the ghost costume on Camden, his smiles disappeared for the night. He told me, "Mom, ghosts don't smile!" He played the role extremely well.

We went trick or treating in a fun neighborhood close to our home. The streets are covered with kids, most homes are decorated and expecting a busy Halloween night. We started our evening at 5:00 p.m and didn't stop until 9:30! My kids just wanted to go and go and go and go. We have enough candy until next Halloween!

There is a particular house in this neighborhood that always goes way out on the spooky factor. This year they were letting all Halloween guest go through part of their home. Well as we were waiting in line, there is fog, spooky lights, sounds and sights. It got the best of Camden because once the door was opened the ghost just took off screaming. I had the hardest time catching up with him. We didn't get to go with Sydney and Anson since they already went in, but I did convince him to join the next group through.

Once inside the house, the lights went low and a voice came over the room. Camden was terrified. I explained to him that the voice was not real. He said, "It's not a real man in the room? It's a voice in the radio?" I replied, "yes" and he relax as much as he could. Once the man with the scary story was over, we moved to the next room. There were several Halloween life size moving statues in the room. He again became terrified and buried his face into my shoulder. I told him they are not real. His body became a little relaxed and he said, "Mommy, they aren't real, right? They are from Costco, right Mommy?" "Yes, Camden they are not real and you can buy them from Costco", I replied.

I was very proud of Camden's little mind. He worked out his fears with logic thanks to Costco and the use of a radio.

So there you have it! Our Halloween 2009 adventures and fashion. 'Till next year....

6 comments:

colleen said...

Great job on the costumes, Grandma! They look like they had a good time.

Andrew and Melissa said...

Soo cute! And very creative.

Frank said...

Thanks for the pictures. Great costumes. Looks like everyone must have had a great Halloween.

Not a single "trick or treater" knocked on the door here. Only a few "Halloween" signs in the mall and they were all at restaurants.

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

Wow...your mom is amazing! The kids look great!

Sarah said...

So, so cute! I love Camden's ghost faces. And duh mom, ghosts don't smile!! too funny!

I'm excited for our plans to join the Hatch clan next Halloween. But you know us Shaw's...we're just a bunch of talk. But I really want to make this happen!

Tracy said...

Such a busy month! Glad you made it through. What adorable costumes! Looking forward to seeing you for Thanksgiving!