12.22.2009

Day 3 On Our Christmas Break!

I have to title this picture of Camden, "It's Snowing and Sydney and I Are Not Puking!" Doesn't he look so happy? Pure joy...I love it!
I have worried coming to Utah each year for Christmas hasn't allowed us to start our own family holiday traditions. I told Sydney that we might stay in California next year for Christmas so we can make our own traditions and she said, "Mommy, going to Utah is our tradition. We get to play in the snow, see grandma, papa, grandma Hatch, our cousins, aunts and uncles! We also get to make cookies with grandma and go bowling!"
Our kids really have a great time when we visit. It wasn't until she pointed out all of the activities we have been doing while we are here, is that going to Utah is the tradition and what we do with our family.
I guess we will have to keep an open mind on our upcoming Christmas's and let Santa know ahead of time like we do every year. It gives Santa and his elves a little extra work to reroute the sleigh full of toys each year.
I do have to say that there is something about having a white Christmas makes the holiday feel more magical. So who knows where we will spend Christmas in 2010, but I'm glad that we have made fun memories along the way for our kids. I love you Sydney! I love you Camden!

1 comment:

Frank said...

I love these pictures. You did a great job capturing Sydney's and Camden's fun in the snow.