12.15.2009

Tea Time With My Girl.

All dressed up and with SOMEWHERE to go. Sydney and I went to a Tracy tradition kickoff to Christmas event called Teddy Bear Tea. It is a fancy fundraiser for the local hospital in town that is sponsored by the Festival of Trees.

Tina and Emma invited us to join their table this year. I had a rough idea what I thought the Teddy Bear Tea would be like, but it was so much more than I imagined.

When we arrived, our company hadn't arrived yet so we sat at our table and looked at the beautiful decorated room of trees, lights and table settings. I asked Sydney what she thought about what she saw and she said, "Mommy, I'm kind of nervous. This is very fancy."

I guess in the past, trays of different kind of foods were just left at your table. This year, there were several servers stopping by your table with trays and trays and trays of food every 2-3 minutes. It took Sydney a minute to feel comfortable to "just take what she wanted" without asking me. Her favorite food moment was the hot chocolate and drinking it with her pinkie up just like Fancy Nancy would.
Tray after tray kept coming. Fruit, crackers, different types of tea sandwiches, cookies, cheesecakes and more.

The atmosphere of the room made the experience extra "Fancy Nancy" like and fun.

The girls were lucky to have a second with Mrs. Claus and Santa Claus.



Guess who we saw? Our friends the Riddles all dressed in their Christmas best.

Sydney's ABSOLUTELY favorite part of the Teddy Bear Tea was the Santa Secret Shop. No parents/adults were allowed into this room. I can't tell you how much Sydney loved this experience. When it is your child's turn to enter the room, they are escorted with a Santa Secret Shop Helper with the list of people your child wants to buy for and money. At this point Sydney got to walk around the secret shop to find the perfect gift on her list all on her own. Once the gifts are purchase the helpers then wrap and label the gift! Sydney was done with her Christmas shopping in 15 minutes. She felt so proud and excited! She came out of the Secret Shop beaming and giggling with her loot for her family.

A huge thank you to Emma and Tina for inviting us to join you. Sydney and I will definitely be going back each year. What a fun and special future tradition for me and my girl.

6 comments:

Frank said...

"That's pretty neat," said your mother after reading this post.

I think you have just created a lasting Christmas memory with her mother that Sydney will cherish for many years to come. Good parents do that sort of thing you know.

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

Wow how fun...and I love the Secred Santa Shop idea...makes them feel all grown up I bet!

Silcox Stories said...

Hey, I just blogged about my date with Lauren to the Teddy Bear Tea! We love it too. This was our second year and won't miss it! Glad you had a good time!

tammy said...

I remember our Secret Santa shop when I was in elementary school. What fun and how grown up she must've felt!!!

colleen said...

What a fun event!

Carissa said...

I always wanted to go to that tea party, but B. was never old enough. It looks like you had a great time.