3.09.2008

SURPRISE....


On Wednesday we packed up the car with suitcases, snacks and things for the kids to do on our surprise trip. Both kids had convinced themselves that we were going to "Newtah" to see relatives. It took us about 5 hours to get to our hotel and destination. Sydney and Camden both wanted to know whose house we were staying in when they saw the big Hilton Hotel.

When I was little, I remember one of my most favorite part of a trip was exploring the hotel room, figuring where all the lights were, knowing that I got to take all of the complementary soaps and shampoos, finding and using the hotel note pad and pen and taking all of the brochures they had in the room. They too were both very excited about the room and did almost everything I use to do and still do as an adult.


The next morning we woke up and started to get ready for the exciting day that I have been dreaming of for along time. Sydney kept asking "what is our surprise", "where are we?". As quick as we could we got out the door and headed down to the lobby.

Well it seems that while we were asleep, a special someone stopped by and left Camden and Sydney a surprise and the concierge desk. Sydney was too cute when she went up to the gentleman and he asked if her name was Sydney. She of course said yes with a big smile. The concierge continued to tell the kids that Mickey Mouse stopped by last night with tickets for our family to Disneyland! Her eyes got big followed by a big smile. "We are going to Disneyland?"

To be completely honest, I was the MOST excited about the whole thing. The kids were excited, but I knew they didn't really know how much fun they were going to have or what they were about to see and experience. I had tickle bugs in my tummy and couldn't wait to get there and watch them be excited.

4 comments:

Abby said...

What is it? You have me on the edge of my seat! The suspense!!

tammy said...

You can't just say SURPRISE and not tell us!!!!

Janet said...

wow what a wonderful surprise for your kids! i wish i could go to disneyland!

Unknown said...

What an absolute wonderful way to surprise the kids!Once when I was little Mickey sent me a letter and a signed 8X10 glossy. I still cherish them! Sweet!