7.03.2009

The "Grand" Day Is Here!

Sydney has been waiting to perform at the Grand Theater the past year and her time finally came on Saturday. A big thanks to auntie Monica for doing Sydney's hair again for the big day.

Walking with her buddy, Emma, to the theater in 107 degree weather. HOT!!

Off she goes back stage. The next time I see her she will be on stage doing her dance.

The next few pictures are of Sydney on stage. There was a no flash rule so some of the pictures are a little shaky, but you can see how much fun she was having. It also helped that we sat front and center.

Here is her class heading out center stage for a final bow with all of the other group of dancers.

Taking a bow!


She felt so special and was surprised to receive flowers from her parents and brother.

All I can say is that Camden was quite a trooper. He did pretty good through most of the recital and only wanted to leave with ten minutes left. He said the sweetest thing to Sydney after the recital, "Sydney, you look very beautiful in your dance costume." It was one of those "ahhhh" moments. My kids do like each other.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

What GREAT pictures! Sydney looked beautiful out there. I really like the picture of Sydney and Camden together. I am one proud Auntie of my little dancing niece!

holmesfam.blogspot.com said...

So cute....I love little dance performances! You look great Sydney!

colleen said...

I wish I could have seen you dance, Sydney. Dance recitals are so fun! You looked awesome.

Liz R. said...

just think - now she has her own costume to save as a dress up for her daughter some day.