7.08.2009

Anson's Adventures

Anson traveled to Baltimore, Maryland a couple weeks ago for work. He gave a talk at the Sample Prep 2009 conference. Another science conference that I have no clue what he is talking about. If I had to listen to 3 days of science talks with really big words, I'm sure I would be bored to death, tears or pieces listening except for my hubby's! For his talk, I would hear blahh blahh blahh to the blahh and blahh. And in conclusion blahh was found in blahh blahh and blahh. (blahh takes the place of all the words I wouldn't be able to understand.) For seriousness though, Anson's talk was about how to get "normal" samples like blood ready for making a measurement on a test box he co-invented several months back. I'm a lucky girl to be married to a smarty and a cutie like Anson. He is so smart, he knew to marry me! That makes him pretty darn smart. Some of the other talks were about grinding up cow ears and lots of different kinds of foods to make measurements. WOW and WHY comes to mind. He also visited USAMRIID (US army medical research institute for infectious diseases) and toured their biohazard facilities where they work with things like Ebola Virus and Anthrax and have to do their research in space suit type protective gear (like the movie outbreak).

Since Anson was going to be close to one of our favorite TV shows, Ace of Cakes, in Baltimore he had to get a picture. He said that the bakery is in one of the scariest part of the city. He felt pretty uncomfortable and was glad he was driven there. He was only a few miles away, but a few scary miles away. Sweet Sydney thought that Anson was going to bring her back a cake for her. I had to explain that the cakes made there cost way too much money. Sydney and I watch Ace of Cakes every Sunday afternoon together. Camden thinks Geoff is my brother, David, and always asks, "Why is uncle David in the TV? or There's uncle David making cakes." Funny kid!

Here is a picture of Camden Yards baseball field and street. Our little Camden's name was partially inspired by that field.

Sydney overheard that Anson was going to fly into Washington D.C. she asked, "Are you going to see Barack Obama?" He said, "No, but maybe I'll see where he lives." I think it was the second night that Anson had been gone when I asked Sydney to say the prayer for dinner. Here is part of what she said. "Thank you bless us for our day. Thank you bless us for our food. Thank you bless us that me and Camden won't fight. Thank you bless us that daddy gets to see Barack Obama." I, of course, had opened my eyes and looked at her with a big smile. She just kept "Thank you blessing us" for everything not knowing I was laughing. After the prayer we talked about the president and she was so hoping that Anson would get to see him. A few days later, while Anson was still gone, I overheard her talking to her friend in the living room that her daddy might get to see the President, Barack Obama. She also said that the Barack Obama (she likes to say his name) that he is taking a lot of money from people who have lots of money and little money from people with little money. My jaw dropped! Where is she hearing this stuff? She also said that he isn't spending the money very good. I was listening to a little grown up in the other room!

2 comments:

AaronsherriHatch said...

Sydney is so funny. I also can't believe how brilliant she is, and love reading about the cute little things camden says. CUTE KIDS

Anonymous said...

Hey Hatch,
I was just catching up on your blog, and can you tell Sydney that i saw Barack Obama in Germany :) well i miss you all and love all your stories, it helps me feel at home. love you guys.