She LOVED it! She walked out of her first day of school as happy as she did walking into school earlier that day. She had the biggest smile and a big hug for me when I saw her. She told me first off that she was going to sleep good tonight because she was so tired.
I asked Sydney if she made any new friends and she said, "No, but I got to be with my preschool friend, Emma, almost all of the day." They sit on different rugs in class, but got to eat and play together.
In hoping to get a little more information out of Sydney I told her we could go get ice cream. That got her talking on the drive to McDonald's. She told me she made all good choices so she got to stay on the green, but a boy had to go to red because he made very bad choices. She told me she never wants to be on red or yellow because Mrs. Stewart, the Director, will yell really loud at you and you have to go to her office.
I asked Sydney what her favorite part of kindergarten was and she sat and thought about it for a minute. I asked her if it was her friends, lunch, PE, recess or being in the classroom. She said no to all! She said, "My favorite thing is my "free" (3) TEACHERS! They are so nice and they talk to me."
I also asked Sydney if she wanted to go back to preschool or kindergarten and she said, "kindergarten!" She seems to be doing really well. This morning she woke up and said, "Today is my "fird" (3rd) day of kindergarten and I am going to stay on the green and make good choices."
Many friends asked if I cried. Not on her first day and I'm pretty sure that was because they took her so quickly I didn't have a chance to get emotional, but I did cry the Thursday night before school started.
So that's where we are. She loves it. I'm trying to get used to her being gone. And Camden can't wait to start next week.
1 comment:
Thanks for the pictures and great comments. I haven't had time the last few days to check your blog so it was a real treat this evening to get updated on school.
FWS. . .in Penang
Post a Comment